Limited Edition Baba pastry collection from PAUL
PAUL Singapore launches a special pastry collection centred on the baba cakes, available in all their bakery-restaurants for a short time only.
A pastry as rich with history as it is with flavour, the baba was originated from the 16th century, and was initially made with a risen dough garnished with dried, Safran flavoured fruits. It was only in 1865 that people began adding rum to the bar, giving birth to the classic Baba au Rhum.
PAUL Singapore’s Baba Collection consists of three new gourmand flavours alongside the classic Baba au Rhum (see main image above). The classic Baba au Rhum ($8++) is given a fun twist: a little pipette is offered with every rum baba purchased. Simply squeeze the pipette for an extra burst of rum flavour!
Other flavours use non-alcoholic syrup so that teetotalers have a chance to enjoy this rich comforting cake too. They include the delectable Gianduja Chocolate ($7++), the luscious Strawberry Mascarpone ($7++), and the creamy Vanilla Pecan ($7++).
The Baba pastry collection is now available at all PAUL outlets.
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year