C-Jade Viet Cafe serves up hearty Vietnamese & homestyle Chinese food
Crystal Jade has opened a new casual dining outlet featuring traditional Vietnamese favourites and homestyle Chinese dishes at its new C-Jade Viet Cafe IN located at Bugis+. This 85-seat cafe serves up over 55 dishes ranging from rice, soup noodles, dried vermicelli, snacks, appetizers and salads. Popular Vietnamese favourites include:
– Soup Noodle (Pho) with Raw and Cooked Sliced Beef ($8.90 per serving) – a bowl of rich, lightly spiced beef broth served with cooked bean sprouts, mint leaves, noodles and finely sliced cooked and raw beef.
– Vietnamese Spring Roll ($5.90 per serving) – three refreshing spring rolls made with cooked shrimp, cooked vermicelli, slices of cucumbers, carrots and a sprig of mint leaves for added aroma.
– Deep-fried Crispy Tied Meat ($6.90 per serving) – four chunks of Vietnamese pork sausage (also known as ‘tied meat’) are deep-fried and served as crispy ￼‘cups’. Vietnamese pork sausages are made by pounding meat into a paste, wrapped and tied in banana leaves and boiled.
– Chilled Shredded Chicken with Rice Roll ($9.90 per serving) – a crunchy salad comprising shredded chicken breast meat mixed with fresh vegetables such as coriander and bean sprouts all together in a spicy yet tangy sauce made of fish sauce, sugar and lime. Served with 4 rice paper rolls for diners to make their own salad rolls.
– Chilled Salad with Pomelo, Radish, Cucumber and Carrot ($6.90) – fresh pomelo pulps are mixed and tossed in the same spicy sauce with thinly sliced radish, cucumbers and carrots for added sweetness and crunch.
Besides these traditional Vietnamese favourites, C-Jade Viet Cafe IN also offers a number of specialties for diners who prefer contemporary Chinese cuisine. One of these specialties is the QQ Rice with Steamed Chicken ($15.90 for a serving; each serving is recommended for two persons). Three types of rice – fragrant, brown and glutinous rice – are steamed together for texture and colour, and served in a large pan with scallion oil and ginger paste, as well as half a steamed soya sauce chicken.
For diners with a sweet tooth, the café offers over 30 beverages and drinks such as the thick Vietnam Coffee ($2.90 for a cup served hot), and six popular ice-cold Asian desserts priced between $2.80 and $4.20.
C-Jade Viet Cafe IN
#04-05 Bugis+, 201 Victoria Street Singapore 188067
Tel: 6509 9698
Opening Hours: 11am to 10pm Daily
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year