Easter Treat: Hot Cross Buns from District 10
Hot cross buns are the quintessential Easter treat. Full of tradition, they present beautifully on a platter and are best savoured toasted, plain, split, spread with butter, jam, cheese, or with fresh fruit, alongside a cup of coffee or tea. Legend has it that sharing a hot cross bun with another is supposed to ensure friendship throughout the coming year, particularly if “Half for you and half for me, Between us two shall goodwill be” is said at the time.
This Easter, why not share some freshly baked hot cross buns from District 10 Bar & Restaurant (located at USE Square) with your friends. These spiced and sweet buns (4 pieces for $6.80 or 6 pieces for $9.80) are freshly baked and seasoned with ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves, and studded with black raisins and green, red and gold glaced cherries.
District 10’s Hot Cross Buns are available for dine in and takeaways from now to 30 April 2014, or while stocks last, specially for Easter.
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year