Black is the new green when it comes to healthy eating. Best selling beancurd specialist Unicurd, now part of Vitasoy International Holdings, launches first-of-its-kind Black Soybean products in Singapore. Unicurd Black Soybean Silken Tofu ($1.50) and Unicurd Black Soybean Tau Kwa ($2.20) are now available in all major supermarkets.
Black Soybeans are touted to be rich in Vitamin E and contain high levels of antioxidants that can reduce the effects of ageing and improve your skin and health. Unicurd recommends serving the Black Soybean Silken Tofu steamed with a light Teochew sauce topped with spring onions, diced chilli and shallots. Stir fry the Black Soybean Tau Kwa with vegetables like leek, bean sprouts or chives with some garlic and salt for more favouring. The black soybeans products are best stored in the refrigerator at four degree celsius and put any unused portion promptly in an airtight container and use within 2-3days.
We will be showcasing a few recipes by Chef John See, an independent chef-consultant to several restaurants in Singapore, on using these black soybean products soon. Do look out for the recipes.
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year