Recipe: Pumpkin and Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula
Pizza is a very family friendly meal and this delicious version has roasted pumpkin, prosciutto and arugula. It’s a quick and tasty pizza recipe packed full of flavour.
Serves 2 to 4 people
2 tbsp olive oil
1 store-bought pizza crust
3 tbsp of pizza sauce
1 medium, ripe butter pumpkin (or use any pumpkin)
Salt & Pepper to taste
6 slices of prosciutto, torn into pieces
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
Handful of baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 375C.
- Cut butter pumpkin into small cubes. Brush a large baking pan with olive oil and toss in the pumpkin. Make sure the pumpkin is well coated with the olive oil. Add in a sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Bake the pumpkin until soft (but not mushy), about 15-20 minutes. Remove pumpkin from the oven.
- Smear store-bought pizza crust with pizza sauce and layer on mozzarella cheese and cooked pumpkin.
- Depending on the thickness of your crust, bake the pizza anywhere from 25 to 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges of the pizza crust start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Top with the prosciutto and arugula, slice and serve.
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year