The very thought of cooking intimidates lots of people. This may be because they’ve never attempted to get their hands into preparing an actual dish, they may have faced a few kitchen disasters or they believe that nothing they make can match-up to mom’s signature dishes.
Also, with so many restaurants and fast food chains offering yummy cuisines and even free delivery, it’s no wonder we prefer to take the easy way out. However, nothing beats home cooking and a family meal in the comfort of your own home. Most importantly, cooking is a wonderful family activity and the perfect time for bonding.
If you are a blogger and you love food but have always been apprehensive about cooking for yourself and your family. There’s no better time than now to put on your apron and get dirty in the kitchen. Participate in the inaugural “#CookForFamily” initiative this July/August.
Here’s how #CookForFamily works:
- Pick any day in July to cook a meal for a single member of your family, entire family or loved ones.
- The meal does not have to be anything fanciful, as long as it is cooked from the heart.
- Take photos of your cooking or your family enjoying your home cooked meal.
- Blog about your cooking, the experience, your thoughts, what your family thinks of your cooking, and encourage others to #CookForFamily too.
- Publish your blog entry on 6th August 2012.
- Use hashtag #CookForFamily to spread the word in various social media channels such as Twitter and Instagram.
Happy cooking and bonding with your family!
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year