Are you a home cook or home baker with an incredible recipe? Are your family and friends constantly pestering you to cook for them? Have you created any new and special dishes? Do people tell you that you should publish your own recipe book?
Organised by Lee Kum Kee and supported by the Interest Group Division of People’s Association, ‘Singapore Top 10 Home-cooked Dishes Challenge’ returns this year to uncover more talented and aspiring home chefs. For the second year running, this challenge is to promote and inculcate family bonding and community spirit through home cooking.
If you’re ready to leap from a household cook to a household name, this is your opportunity! Here’s how you can start your culinary fame journey:
How to participate:
- Visit the nearest community centre to obtain contest forms or log on to http://singaporetop10.lkk.com to find out more and participate in ‘Singapore Top 10 Home-cooked Dishes Challenge’.
- Entries must be submitted before 30 June 2012.
- Each team must comprise of two participants, in keeping with the spirit of ‘bonding’ for the challenge. To enter, each team must submit a recipe of a hot home-cooked dish, which incorporates at least one Lee Kum Kee product and can be prepared within an hour, as well as a photo of the dish. A short description of no more than 35 words explaining the origins and inspiration for the recipe also has to be provided.
- A panel of judges will shortlist 20 teams who will then take part in the first round of cook-off on 14 July, Saturday at the Restaurant Association of Singapore.
- Ten teams will emerge as finalists and compete in the grand finale cook-off to be held at the Toa Payoh Central Community Club on 4 August, Saturday.
Attractive prizes await you:
- Grand prize winner will walk away with $1,000 in cash.
- All ten finalists will be brought on to an exclusive all-expense paid gourmet trip spanning five days and four nights to Malaysia in early September and receive $300 cash. The finalists will visit and indulge in delicious Malaysian delicacies across several locations such as Malacca, Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Penang.
- The top ten finalists’ home-cooked dishes will published in a specially crafted coffee table cookbook compilation, which will be available from September 2012.
- Where to eat on Valentine’s Day in Singapore
- Welcome the Year of the Monkey with Tiger Beer
- New sparkling blackcurrant beverage by Ribena
- Where to go for reunion dinner this Chinese New Year
- 12 must-try Chinese New Year Goodies
- 10 Treasure Pots to Bond with your family this Chinese New Year